IMPORTANT CONSUMER PROTECTION INFORMATION
This search has been produced by OCALS Ltd Durham Tees Valley Business Centre, Orde Wingate Way, Stockton-On-Tees Cleveland TS190GA 01642 061 353, firstname.lastname@example.org which is registered with the Property Codes Compliance Board (PCCB) as a subscriber to the Search Code. The PCCB independently monitors how registered search firms maintain compliance with the Code.
The Search Code:
* Provides protection for homebuyers, sellers, estate agents, conveyancers and mortgage lenders who rely on the information included in property search reports undertaken by subscribers on residential and commercial property within the United Kingdom.
* Sets out minimum standards which firms compiling and selling search reports have to meet
* Promotes the best practice and quality standards within the industry for the benefit of consumers and property professionals
* enables consumers and property professionals to have confidence in firms which subscribe to the code, their products and services.
By giving you this information, the search firm is confirming that they keep to the principles of the Code. This provides important protection for you.
The Code’s core principles
Firms which subscribe to the Search Code will:
* Display the Search Code logo prominently on their search reports
* Act with integrity and carry out work with due skill, care and diligence
* At all times maintain adequate and appropriate insurance to protect consumers
* Conduct business in an honest, fair and professional manner
* Handle complaints speedily and fairly
* Ensure that products and services comply with industry registration rules and standards and relevant laws
* Monitor their compliance with the Code
If you have a query or complaint about your search, you should raise it directly with the search firm, and if appropriate ask for any complaint to be considered under their formal internal complaints procedure. If you remain dissatisfied with the firm’s final response, after your complaint has been formally considered, or if the firm has exceeded the response timescales, you may refer your complaint for consideration under The Property Ombudsman scheme (TPOs). The Ombudsman can award up to £5,000 to you if the Ombudsman finds that you have suffered actual financial loss and/or aggravation, distress or inconvenience as a result of your search provider failing to keep to the Code.
Please note that all queries or complaints regarding your search should be directed to your search provider in the first instance, not to TPOs or to the PCCB.
TPOs Contact Details:
You can get more information about the PCCB from www.propertycodes.org.uk.
PLEASE ASK YOUR SEARCH PROVIDER IF YOU WOULD LIKE A COPY OF THE SEARCH CODE
If you want to make a complaint, we will:
* Acknowledge it within 5 working days of receipt.
* Normally deal with it fully and provide a final response, in writing, within 20 working days of receipt.
* Keep you informed by letter, telephone or e-mail, as you prefer, if we need more time.
* Provide a final response, in writing, at the latest within 40 working days of receipt.
* Liaise, at your request, with anyone acting formally on your behalf.
Complaints should be sent to: OCALS Ltd Durham Tees Valley Business Centre, Orde Wingate Way, Stockton-On-Tees Cleveland TS190GA
If you are not satisfied with our final response, or if we exceed the response timescales, you may refer the complaint to The Property Ombudsman scheme (TPOs): Tel: 01722 333306, E-mail: email@example.com.
We will co-operate fully with the Ombudsman during an investigation and comply with his final decision.